Baptist Housing is looking for an Activity Worker to join our Team at Evergreen Care – Long-Term Care in White Rock.
Under the direction of the Manager of Recreation Therapy, the Activity Worker provides recreation resources and opportunities designed to improve the health and well-being of Residents. At the direction of the Recreation Program Coordinator 1, the Activity Worker implements small and large group programs and individual program plans for Residents who have special needs or are unable to attend group programs. The successful applicant will implement and deliver group and individual programs, both inside and outside the facility, designed to support physical, cognitive, spiritual, emotional and/or social needs and interests of the Residents. The Activity Worker collaborates with inter-disciplinary health care Team Members to ensure the highest quality of life for Residents, and provides direction to volunteers during activity programs as required.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Completion of recognized Recreation Program plus two years’ related work experience working with Seniors in an adult day program/assisted living/long term care setting OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience dealing with individuals with Dementia is preferred.
- Valid CRP, First Aid, and Food Safe.
- Class 4 Drivers License is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, clip art, Internet)
- Ability to organize work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, comprehend, speak and write English competently.
- Must be well groomed.
- Must be in good physical and mental health and have the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position, which includes bending, walking and assisting Residents to stand, sit and walk.
- Must demonstrate concern and interest in providing quality care to Residents and be able to establish and maintain harmonious relations with Residents, families and team mates.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to others.
Consent to a Criminal Record Check for working with vulnerable adults.
You must NOT be working elsewhere under a Single Site Order.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2700 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.