The Heights at Mt. View | Victoria | Full - Time
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
The Heights at Mt. View is a 7-storey, 260-suite residence located in Saanich, BC. As a complex care residence, The Heights at Mt. View offers 24/7 Long-Term Care in Victoria. With a design that exceeds operational requirements, this residence is inspired by the individuals who call the community home. This innovative project is part of a regional plan and partnership with the Province of British Columbia, the Vancouver Island Health Authority, the Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing to replace obsolete long-term care facilities in the Capital Region, and provide more care and housing options for the growing senior population.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Residential Care Administrator, managers and multi-disciplinary leaders. Duties include managing office communications; developing and managing a variety of documents; planning and managing administrative projects; and liaising with Residents, Team Members, visitors, partners and external agencies.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Combination of education and experience (preferably in a long term care environment)
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary Business Administration program
- Formal training in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher or other graphics software
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
What‘s in it for you?
This is a Full-Time, Permanent Position. To apply, please apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.