Human Resources-Summer Student
Human Resources Assistant-Summer Student
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Delta Head Office Human Resources Team is looking for an enthusiastic and fun student to join the Team in Delta, supporting our Vancouver Region.
As part of the HR Team you will gain valuable experience in a variety of HR duties including but not limited to: Assisting with Recruitment/Retention, Health and Safety, HR Record keeping, Event Planning and Labour Relations.
Our Human Resources Team is positive, outgoing, fun and collaborative, modeling our values as they build relationships in our community.
This position is for 8 weeks, 35 hours per week. This position does not include benefits.
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various computer software applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment with diverse communities.
- Good organizational skills.
- HR training/education would be an asset.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The deadline for applicants is Jun 7, 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter and indicate why you want to work with Baptist Housing. For further information contact HRTeam@baptisthousing.org
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria, regions. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary