Maintenance Assistant (Casual) Oak Bay Campus
Baptist Housing provides exceptional holistic care as we assist seniors to experience life well in supportive communities in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and fun!
The Victoria Team is recruiting a Casual Maintenance Assistant to join them and serve our Residents at Oak Bay in Victoria, BC.
The Maintenance Assistant supports all routine and preventative building and equipment maintenance projects and emergency repairs. Responsibilities include: painting, plumbing, electrical, irrigation and building fabric (walls, floors, ceilings, doors and roof).
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Assistant enjoys working with others and is highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You are proficient in all aspects of drywall installation, finishing and painting. You have highly developed mechanical skills with proven ability to maintain and repair a wide range of appliances, equipment and systems. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Baptist Housing Values- As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others
· Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour
· Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times
· Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours
· Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively
· Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals
· Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves
· Minimum of 2 years related experience in building systems repair and maintenance.
· Formal education or equivalent training and experience in facility maintenance, preferred.
· Experience with drywall installation, finishing and painting.
· A sound knowledge of codes, regulations and best practices related to the work.
· Current Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1
· Current General WHMIS certification
· Experienced driver with a minimum of a Class 5 license
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a Casual position. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, and your availability. For further information, contact: Blaine Swenson, Maintenance Lead at (250) 595-6257 (ext. 5101).
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.