Evergreen | White Rock | Full Time
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Evergreen is our ocean view property is located close to all the services and amenities White Rock. We are situated a mere 5 minutes from Peace Arch Hospital. Most of our 443 units are subsidized by Fraser Health Authority and BC Housing. Including assisted living at the Heights, senior’s rental housing at the Manor and long term care at the Terraces.
Baptist Housing is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team at our Evergreen Baptist Care Community in White Rock, BC.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Maintenance Department and all facilities systems throughout the Evergreen Campus of Care, ensuring that all systems are operational, that an ongoing preventative maintenance plan is in place and planning and managing all maintenance projects. The Maintenance Manager also oversees procurement and delivery of contract maintenance services and provides management and direct support to the maintenance team on all day-to-day campus maintenance operations.
The Maintenance Manager requires formal training and experience in Formal education or equivalent training and experience in facility maintenance, preferred Red Seal Certification or equivalent ticket in Plumbing or HVAC. A minimum of 5 years related experience in building and systems maintenance, as well experience managing a team in a unionized environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership, supervising teams, hiring and monitoring contractors and project management.
- Overseeing the day-to-day leadership of the Maintenance department, which includes scheduling, coordinating daily tasks, teaching maintenance skills to the team and ensuring work is performed at a high standard to deliver on our brand promise of providing exceptional experiences;
- Overseeing the physical operations of the campus buildings, including maintenance and repair of interior and exterior areas, including resident rooms, public areas, laundry equipment, kitchen equipment, elevator, lighting, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, building automation systems, fire alarm, fire suppression, physical plant water treatment, electrical, plumbing, grey water, roof systems, and building envelope,
- Develop a building maintenance operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy;
- Ensure all team members are properly trained and have the tools needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties;
- Identify and resolve all guest concerns/complaints to ensure the brand promise is delivered; coach and empower the team members to do the same;
- Make recommendations pertaining to capital and operating expenditures necessary to maintain the property to its maximum potential;
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting team member with their roles during peak periods and trouble shooting maintenance concerns as necessary;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction; Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- A Minimum of five years’ experience in building and systems maintenance or related professional area.
- Formal education or equivalent training and experience in facility maintenance, preferred Red Seal Certification or equivalent ticket in Plumbing or HVAC
- Familiarity with construction, mechanical services, modernization/retrofit projects, appliance repairs, and/or Service Maintenance Contracts from related industries
- Power Engineer or Building operator certificate is an asset;
- Awareness of environmentally sound practices;
- Legally authorized to work in Canada;
- Knowledge of computer systems and fundamental understanding of computer-controlled systems
- Experience with building automation systems
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Previous experience in leadership, supervising teams, hiring and monitoring contractors and project management
- Experienced driver with a minimum of a Class 5 license and clear driving record
- Available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
- Proof of Covid 19 vaccination and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
What‘s in it for you?
This is a Full-Time, Permanent Position. To apply, please apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.