Baptist Housing is looking for a Casual Maintenance Worker to join our Team at Evergreen Baptist in White Rock.
Under the supervision of the Manager or Maintenance, and in consultation with individual building Administrators, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for overall maintenance of all areas of the Heights Manor, and Terraces/Point. The Maintenance Worker performs or assists in a variety of semi-skilled and manual tasks in building and grounds maintenance (such as electrical, carpentry and plumbing repairs, painting) and may act as a lead person on a maintenance or repair job. Other duties may include, but not limited to schedule work order requests, perform scheduled maintenance and preventative maintenance, assists with move-in, move-outs and complies with safety policies and procedures.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Worker has knowledge of: applied trades; property management principles, procedures and standards as applied to housing facilities; contract documents and specifications; WHMIS principles and safety protocols; and, computer literate in desktop applications.
This is a Casual position. If you are interested please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.