Resident Services Assistant
The Victoria Team is looking for a temporary part-time Resident Services Assistant to join our team at Shannon Oaks, Oak Bay. This is a temporary maternity/paternity leave to start after October 10th.
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia through Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria, while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions .We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN!
The Resident Services Assistant is a highly skilled professional, providing administrative support and concierge service to our Residents and the public in a hospitality setting. The Resident Services Assistant is highly service-oriented, able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and as a collaborative Team Member. You will be required to act as a First Aid Attendant for the team and Emergency First Aide training is required. In addition to all of these skills, you manage an office with ease and have a fun and friendly personality that makes our day! As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and love working with the public and seniors. You have the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others.
- Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times.
- Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours.
- Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively.
- Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals.
- Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Formal training in basic accounting and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Completion of the Emergency First Aid with St. Johns Ambulance or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience providing administrative support and interaction with clients and the public, in a service or hospitality industry, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- You have highly developed literacy and numeracy skills with proven ability to produce a broad range of documents including manuals, reports, spreadsheets, and visual presentations.
- You are comfortable managing accounts and creating invoices.
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adult
This position is a temporary part-time (mat leave) .8 FTE with benefits entitlement after three months of work until the end of the contract. A resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing for this role, are required.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Expires: September 27,2021