Resident Services Assistant
Resident Services Assistant
The Victoria Team is looking for a casual Resident Services Assistant to join our team at Shannon Oaks, Oak Bay. Shift are from 2300 to 0700 (night shifts).
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN!
The Resident Services Assistant is a highly skilled professional, providing administrative support and concierge service to our Residents and the public in a hospitality setting. You have highly developed literacy and numeracy skills with proven ability to produce a broad range of documents including manuals, reports, spreadsheets, and visual presentations. You are comfortable managing accounts and creating invoices. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently. The Resident Services Assistant is highly service-oriented, able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and as a collaborative Team Member. You will be required to act as a First Aid Attendant for the team and Emergency First Aide training is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In addition to all of these skills, you manage an office with ease and have a fun and friendly personality that makes our day! As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and love working with the public and seniors. You have the ability to foster and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others.
- Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times.
- Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours.
- Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively.
- Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals.
- Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Formal training in basic accounting and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Completion of the Emergency First Aid with St. Johns Ambulance or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years' experience providing administrative support and interaction with clients and the public, in a service or hospitality industry, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adult
*It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to provide proof and provincial health number (PHN)
A resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing for this role, are required.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!