Resident Services Assistant
Resident Services Assistant
Carey Place | Victoria| Part-time
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Carey Place is an affordable Seniors Rental Housing residence in the heart of Mount View Heights, one block from Uptown Shopping Centre. Carey Place is conveniently located near community services and transit. This Seniors Rental Housing residence offers 55 one-bedroom rental suites with features such as an amenity room, a guest suite, underground parking and more. Carey Place was developed in partnership with Government of Canada, BC Housing, Capital Regional District and Baptist Housing.
The Resident Services Assistant is a highly skilled professional, providing administrative support and concierge service to our Residents and the public in a hospitality setting. You have highly developed literacy and numeracy skills with proven ability to produce a broad range of documents including manuals, reports, spreadsheets, and visual presentations. You are comfortable managing accounts and creating invoices. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently. The Resident Services Assistant is highly service-oriented, able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and as a collaborative Team Member. You will be required to act as a First Aid Attendant for the team and Emergency First Aide training is required.
This position is a permanent part-time position working one day a week (7.5 hours a day).
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
· Compassion: showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others.
· Honesty: exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour.
· Respect: treating people with care and dignity at all times.
· Innovation: encouraging creativity in all endeavours.
· Stewardship: using God-given resources effectively.
· Teamwork: working together to achieve common goals.
· Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace.
· Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves.
· Formal training in basic accounting and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Completion of the Emergency First Aid with St. Johns Ambulance or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years' experience providing administrative support and interaction with clients and the public, in a service or hospitality industry, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
*Consent for a criminal record check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
*Negative Tuberculosis Test (TB) is required and results valid within six months of test.
*It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated and able to provide proof.
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit for the Resident Services Assistant role at Carey Place. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria, while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions.