Activities Assistant - Victoria (Temp PT)
Activities Assistant (Temporary Part Time) - Victoria
Baptist Housing is recruiting an Activities Assistant to join our team in the Victoria Region at Marrion Village. This is a temporary, part-time (22.5 hrs/week) position, ending January 31, 2019.
The Activities Assistant assists the Activity Coordinator as requested in the development, implementation, evaluation, and participation in programs, activities and events that contribute to the holistic wellness of Residents. These programs and events encourage healthy living, create opportunities to build community, and promote the integration and connection of Residents to the larger community.
The Activities Assistant assists in planning programs and provides opportunities for the Residents to experience emotional, environmental, intellectual, physical, social, vocational, and spiritual wellness in the context of an active community.
The Activities Assistant develops meaningful relationships with resource organizations, other Team Members, volunteers and Residents.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion : showing care and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of others.
- Honesty : exemplifying integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect : treating people with care and dignity at all times.
- Innovation : encouraging creativity in all endeavours.
- Stewardship : using God-given resources effectively.
- Teamwork : working together to achieve common goals.
- Servant Leadership: serving each other to succeed with humility and grace.
- Fun : taking our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Completion of recognized recreational courses for seniors.
- Experience working with seniors and organizing senior's group activities and or related combinations of equivalent education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 4 unrestricted driver designation.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
A resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing, are required. This position is temporary part-time and does not qualify for benefits. For further information, contact: Craig Reed, Baptist Housing Administrator at 250.592.2231 (ext. 1).
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings