Assisted Living Program Manager - Abbotsford
Baptist Housing is looking for a full-time Assisted Living Program Manager to join our Team at Hallmark on the Park in Abbotsford. The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the delivery of quality care and services for the Assisted Living (AL) Residents at our Hallmark residence in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team. The Program Manager is a member of an egalitarian team expected to work collaboratively to implement a person-centered, wellness model of care.
The Program Manager will work and think differently to create an empowering environment that will support and respect the autonomy, independence, dignity and privacy of the Residents and Team Members.
The Program Manager provides nursing care, ongoing assessments care and service planning, not only delegates tasks (DOT) but also oversees the DOT and case manages Private Pay Assisted Living Residents. Liaises with Health Authority Case Manager and coordinates the care and service for the Health Authority funded Residents that have prescribed and / or enhanced services.
Coordinating and management of care involves providing support for Residents' care needs, develop and maintain Care Plans and routines for provision of daily care, and ensures accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
Collaborates with the Administrator and Director of Human Resources in hiring, scheduling and maintaining an adequate number of the appropriate Team Members to ensure safe Resident care and service. Builds healthy strong Teams, providing leadership, supervision, education, and motivation to Team Members in achieving personal and organizational goals. As a servant Leader, the Manager supervises and effectively manages the performance of a health care Team.
As an Ambassador of Baptist Housing and our values, the AL Care Manager develops and maintains supportive relationships with Residents, families, Team Members and Partners; values learning, embraces innovative change and promotes health and wellness.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Completion of a recognized training program for Registered Nurses and currently licensed with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC)
- Courses or certification in Gerontology
- Courses or Certification in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Current certification in first aid - Community Care
- Five years of experience in supervising and managing the performance of Team Members.
- Three years of experience coordinating services within a seniors' Assisted Living community or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com by August 3, 2018.
Or drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park @ 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford attn: Randy Kolarcik
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings