Director of Hospitality Services
Baptist Housing is looking for a Director of Hospitality Services to join our Team supporting our Hospitality services in Victoria, Kelowna and Vancouver. The successful candidate may be based in any of these three regions. The Director of Hospitality Services will lead the vision and implementation of Hospitality services across Baptist Housing. This service-focused leader will manage the relationship with our outsource hospitality partner while exploring opportunities to improve our Resident experience in the areas of dining, housekeeping and laundry. The Director of Hospitality Services will be accountable for the Resident experience of our hospitality services within our seventeen residences located in B.C. This new role in our organization will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the hospitality area including budgeting, financial management and regular analysis to ensure contracts are being effectively managed.
As an Ambassador of Baptist Housing and our values, the Director of Hospitality Services develops and maintains supportive relationships; values learning; embraces innovative change and promotes health and wellness for our Residents and fellow Team Members.
- Prior experience in dining, housekeeping and laundry management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong relational skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Hospitality and/or Food Service Management or related field
- Minimum of six years' experience in administration/management capacity in a hospitality or service setting (including dining, housekeeping and laundry), preferably in a multi-site environment
- Food Safe certification
- Strong ability in use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel between residences as required
- CSNM membership is an asset
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com by September 30, 2018.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings