HR Assistant - Victoria
Baptist Housing is seeking a dedicated, efficient and FUN Human Resources Assistant to join our HR Team in Victoria. Working under the leadership of the Human Resources Director, this position will provide administrative support with the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and programs and will carry out responsibilities for Baptist Housing Residences in the Victoria Region.
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support in the areas of recruitment, benefits, pension, health & safety, training, privacy, labour relations, and record keeping which are of a confidential and politically sensitive nature. Assists in the co-ordination of the staff recruitment process; Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee; and coordinating projects and events.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a human resources role, preferably within a unionized environment, for a minimum of two years. We are looking for a high energy team player who can work effectively with minimal direction & who thrives in a fast paced environment and can handle changing priorities with ease. This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to take their experience to the next level.
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in Human Resources.
- CPHR designate or candidate is an asset.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office products, mainly Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability and interest to learn new technologies. Advanced skill on Excel and design software would be considered an asset.
- Experience with organizational health and safety will be considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and maintain a high level of organization
- Capability to process high volume of data using computer-based system
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full-time position with an excellent comprehensive benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements. For further information contact, Cristal Glass-Painchaud, HR Director at 250-384-1313 (ext. 104)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings