Licensed Practical Nurses (Casual) - Victoria
Baptist Housing in Victoria, BC is recruiting Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who are excited about being part of the team serving Residents at The Heights at Mt. View.
The LPN provides leadership and support to a Community Team, directs the care delivery for Residents ensuring a person-centered model of Wellness, administers medication, provides wound care, conducts various Resident assessments, communicates with family members and service providers, and collaborates with the RN regarding care planning.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
You have exceptional communication skills, are able to manage time and workload efficiently, have demonstrated leadership skills, and are a critical thinker and problem solver. Successful candidates will have completed a recognized LPN program, have current licensure in good standing with CLPNBC, and have experience providing care for seniors in a Residential Care environment.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
- Current registration in good standing with CLPNBC
- Experience as a nurse in a Residential Care environment (Preferred)
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
A resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing, are required. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are currently hiring for several casual positions, with potential for permanent part-time position. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability for day and evening shifts, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. LPNs are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the BCNU Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings