Maintenance Assistant - (Casual) - Kelowna
Baptist Housing is looking for a Casual Maintenance Assistant to support our Teams at Sun Pointe Village and Village at Mill Creek in Kelowna, as well as Village at Smith Creek in West Kelowna.
The casual Maintenance Assistant supports all maintenance initiatives and preventative maintenance at the Residence. The Maintenance Assistant also supports projects and emergency repairs. Responsibilities include: conducting routine building and equipment repairs, including plumbing, electrical, irrigation and building fabric (walls, floors, ceilings, doors and roof), as required; ensuring clean and organized maintenance work and storage areas; assisting in emergencies at the Residence and/or emergency repairs as required; participating in a 24 hour on-call schedule and cell phone on a rotating basis with other Maintenance Assistants, responding and attending to building emergencies after business hours as required; and coordinating and supporting on-site contractors.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Formal education or equivalent training/experience in facility maintenance
- A minimum of two years' experience in a facility maintenance capacity
- Reliable vehicle
- Class 5 Driver's License
The successful candidate must have effective time management skills, strong communication, and be service oriented. Strong mechanical skills, with the ability to repair a wide variety of appliances, equipment and systems are also required.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent casual position. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings