Maintenance Assistant - (Part Time) - Abbotsford
Baptist Housing is looking for a Part-Time Maintenance Assistant to join our Team in Abbotsford. The Maintenance Assistant supports all maintenance initiatives and preventative maintenance at the Residence. The Maintenance Assistant also supports projects and emergency repairs. Responsibilities include: conducting routine building and equipment repairs, including plumbing, electrical, irrigation and building fabric (walls, ceilings, doors, and roof),as required; ensuring clean and organized maintenance work and storage areas; assisting in emergencies at the Residence and/or emergency repairs as required.
The Maintenance Assistant has exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to develop and maintain relationships, and model our values in all interactions. The Maintenance Assistant enjoys working with others and is highly service oriented. You are able to work independently and as a collaborative Team Member. You have highly developed mechanical skills with proven ability to maintain and repair a wide range of appliances, equipment and systems. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- A Minimum of two years related experience in building maintenance and systems maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Enjoy working with seniors
- A class 5 drivers' license and a reliable motor vehicle
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
- As an Maintenance Assistant you should have the ability to lift 35lbs.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent part-time position. Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package.
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org July 6th, 2018.
Or drop off your resume at Hallmark on the Park @ 3055 Princess Street, Abbotsford attn: Robert Macdonald.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings