Registered Nurses (RN's) - Victoria
Baptist Housing in Victoria, BC is recruiting Registered Nurses (RNs) who are excited about being part of the team serving Residents at The Heights at Mt. View.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for team leadership in the care community and directing the delivery of care to Residents. Duties include complex assessments such as RAI-MDS 2.0, medication administration and review, wound and skin care and other interventions, and leading the development of Care Plans, ensuring an interdisciplinary approach that includes Residents and their family. As a Nurse leader, the RN exemplifies, and works collaboratively with the team to implement, a person-centered Wellness Model of Care. The RN is a role model for the team in the effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest possible extent.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The successful candidate must be eligible for membership in the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC), provide a current Food Safe Level 1 certificate, and have a great sense of humour, effective time management skills, strong communication, and the ability to work variable shifts. A Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Certificate preferred
We are currently hiring for several casual positions. To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability for day and evening shifts, and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
RNs are union positions and compensation and benefits are outlined by the BCNU Collective Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to over 2100 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings