Resident Services Assistant - Victoria
Baptist Housing is looking for a casual Resident Services Assistant to join our team at Shannon Oaks in Victoria. The Resident Services Assistant is a highly skilled professional, providing administrative support and concierge service to our Residents and the public in a hospitality setting.
The Resident Services Assistant is highly service-oriented, able to work independently with a high level of autonomy and as a collaborative Team Member.
You have highly developed literacy and numeracy skills with proven ability to produce a broad range of documents including manuals, reports, spreadsheets, and visual presentations. You are comfortable managing accounts and creating invoices. You are a critical thinker and problem solver, detailed and organized, and able to manage your time, workload and conflicting priorities effectively and efficiently. In addition to all of these skills, you manage an office with ease and have a fun and friendly personality that makes our day!
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values As Servant Leaders, we will focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Formal training and experience in basic accounting and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience providing administrative support and interaction with clients and the public, in a service or hospitality industry, or equivalent experience and training.
- Completed or will complete, the Emergency First Aid - Community Care training with St. Johns Ambulance.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a casual position that requires flexibility for all shifts including evenings, nights and weekends.
For further information, contact: Craig Reed, Administrator at (250) 595-6257
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides enhanced living communities and exceptional care to almost 2000 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of caring, demonstrating Servant Leadership, collaborating in Teams, building relationships and FUN while exemplifying Christ-like values. We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific.
Back to Job Listings