Summer Student - Vancouver
Baptist Housing is looking for a student to join the Team at Shannon Oaks and Clarendon Court in Vancouver. The position available is a short term summer position and will provide some great experience serving with our Activities Team and assisting our Maintenance Team with some light gardening tasks.
As part of the Activities Team you will assist in planning, implementing and evaluating recreational wellness programs for our Residents at Shannon Oaks and Clarendon Court. Our Activities Team is FUN, positive, outgoing and collaborative, modelling our values as they build relationships in our community. You will also assist our Maintenance Team with a variety of tasks such as watering, weeding and sweeping with minor supervision from the Maintenance Team. You should enjoy serving seniors and connect with Baptist Housing values.
Our preferred summer student will be a high school or other student but not limited to college, university, trade, etc. Assets to thriving in this position include: experience with seniors, organizing senior's group activities and or recreation/therapy education, landscaping experience. Good time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a Team.
This position is for 10 weeks, approximately 30 hours per week commencing in late June and ending no later than September 1, 2018 and requires flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends. This position does not include benefits.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and have a heart to serve others. The Baptist Housing Team is highly service-oriented and you should enjoy working in an atmosphere that encourages Teamwork and FUN.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God's ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; verbally and written.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Ability to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills.
*Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
-If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and details to email@example.com May 28, 2018.
For further information contact, Dean Neibel, HR Manager at 604-940-1960 (ext. 115)
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.
Back to Job Listings