Planning A Tour
A tour is the best way to experience a place for yourself and gain the knowledge you need to make a decision about a big move. However, it is easy to get caught up in exploring, and forget to ask some key questions. Here are some tips to help you out:
Tips for Touring
- Take a minute to talk to some Residents. Some questions to ask might be: What is a typical day like? Does it feel like home?
- Take notice of the location. Is the building attractive and homelike? Is there accessible public transportation nearby? Is the noise level appropriate?
- Consider your medical needs and priorities. Is there medical and practical assistance in place? Is there a nurse available 24/7? What will happen if your health deteriorates?
- Consider what the residence offers in terms of wellness. Are regular exercise sessions offered? Is there a fitness area with equipment?
- In terms of the suite itself, ask these kinds of questions: How much privacy will I have? How can I keep my belongings secure? Am I allowed to bring my own furniture and will it fit?
- More helpful questions and a checklist are also available through an eBook produced by Comfort Life: The Ultimate Retirement Tour Checklist.
Also be sure to try a complimentary lunch or even to stay for a night with our trial stays, available at some of our residences. Be sure to ask whether this is available in your residence of choice.
Shannon Oaks - Vancouver. Monday to Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm (willing to accommodate evening tours if needed). Please call 604.324.6257 to book an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.
Shannon Oaks - Oak Bay. Tuesday to Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm (willing to accommodate other times if needed). Please call 250-595-6257 to book an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.
For all of our Kelowna residences, please call to book your prefered day to tour in advance by calling 250.215.1500 or sending an email to the residence via your desired residence's page. Scheduled tours are available as below:
Sun Pointe Village - Kelowna. 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month at 2:00pm for Independent Living & Assisted Living and 3:00pm for Residential Care (excluding statutory holidays).
Village at Mill Creek - Kelowna. 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00pm for Independent Living & Assisted Living and 3:00pm for Residential Care (excluding statutory holidays).
Village at Smith Creek - West Kelowna. 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at 2:00pm for Independent Living & Assisted Living and 3:00pm for Residential Care (excluding statutory holidays).
We look forward to hosting you and helping you make an informed decision on your new home.