Health Care Support Worker
Baptist Housing is looking for a Health Care Support Worker to join our Team at Evergreen Community in White Rock, BC
Under the direction of the Administrator, Registered Nurse or another regulated healthcare professional, performs a variety of non-direct and/or non-clinical healthcare supports to clients, residents, families, and/or visitors in long term care, assisted living and home settings in accordance with the established care plan and safety requirements.
Qualifications include the enrolment of a Health Career Access Program as a pathway to enter the health sector. Applicants must pass an English proficiency test; pass a criminal record check; and not be currently performing a HCA role and have not previously completed the HCA educational program in BC. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, a warm personality and a great sense of humor.
This is a temporary full-time position while you are in the program. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here with your resume and cover letter describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? For this program you must be either Canadian citizen or Permanent resident (No open work permit or student permit)
Are you aware of enrolling for a program and going to school?
Are you aware that you may need to take a Grade 10 English test? Do you want to proceed?
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant program or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Food Safe Certification
- WHMIS or SPECO Certification
- Violence Prevention Module completion from the Learning Hub.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Prefer education related to working with adults with dementia/Alzheimer’s
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.