Licensed Practical Nurse - Assisted Living
Licensed Practical Nurse
Marrion Village | Victoria| Casual
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
Marrion Village is an Assisted Living and subsidized Senior Housing community in Victoria, perfectly situated in the desirable neighbourhood of Oak Bay. The renovated apartments are bright and spacious, and close to many shops, services and activities.
Baptist Housing in Victoria, BC is recruiting casual Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who are excited about being part of the Team serving our Assisted Living Residents at Marrion Village. Please, note that we are under the single-site order. Professionals working in health-care facilities cannot work in more than one Long-term Care or Assisted Living residence while this order is in place.
Under the direction of the Assisted Living Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse coordinates the delivery of Assisted Living Services on a day to day basis by implementing Resident Care Plans and liaising with family members and professionals regarding the Residents' care. The LPN supervises the delivery of services and medication administration by Resident Assistants and responds to Resident and family concerns. As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the LPN demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, continuous quality improvement, the Wellness Model for person-centred care, and the Mission, Vision and Values of Baptist Housing.
As an ambassador of Baptist Housing, you model our values in all interactions, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. You love serving seniors and do everything you can to assist our Residents to live well. You are committed to achieving the mission of Baptist Housing, supporting your team every day, and you have a positive attitude.
- You have exceptional communication skills, are able to manage time and workload efficiently, have demonstrated leadership skills, and are a critical thinker and problem solver.
- Successful candidates will have completed a recognized LPN program, have current licensure in good standing with BCCNP, and have experience providing care for seniors in a Residential Care environment.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current registration in good standing with BCCNP
- Current First Aid certification
- Three years of experience as an LPN providing care to seniors or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Proof Of Vaccine (2 Doses) and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
Please submit your resume and cover letter and indicate your availability. Resident Assistant is a unionized position, benefits are underlined in the BCGEU Collective Agreement.
This is a Casual Position. To apply, please apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.