Creating a Centre of Excellence for Seniors Wellness; Caring in the Wake of COVID-19
The new Inglewood Care Centre design opportunities and requirements involved will be evaluated and layered into the project as the design process continues. The design will have a strong focus on long-term operation and maintenance, as Baptist Housing will be operating the community for many years to come.
COVID-19 has brought the entire issue of seniors care into provincial and national conversations.
Our new found appreciation for the protection of vulnerable seniors during infectious disease outbreaks will inform Inglewood’s design including:
- Maintaining current infection control practices and adding new, innovative ideas to them.
- Shared resident rooms are to be eliminated. Residents will have private rooms with a three-piece washroom.
- Controlled entrances for ongoing visitor and team screening.
- Purpose-built visiting rooms with increased infection control measures to permit family visits without risk to visitors, residents or team members.
- The new building will exceed current BC licensing regulations for Long Term Care residences.
- Inglewood will exceed the minimum provisions required for accessible and adaptable units for residents with a wide range of visual, mobile, mental and aural abilities.