What is an Assisted Living Home
Assisted living vs Long-term Care
An Assisted Living Apartment is ideal for seniors who enjoy independent living and who may need some assistance with daily tasks such as mobility, personal care and medications. Each resident enjoys the privacy of a self-contained, fully wheelchair-accessible suite, which includes a full bathroom and kitchenette.
- Hospitality services include meals, housekeeping, linen service, laundry and 24-hour emergency response.
- Care services as well as any other personalized support services provided and approved by your local health authority, are also included.
- Healthy and delicious meals are served in a communal dining room, and a wide range of recreational opportunities is offered.
Baptist Housing's 208 assisted living homes are subsidized through BC Housing and your local health authority. In our Kelowna communities of care and Hallmark on the Lake, Residents living in Independent Living suites may receive privately funded Assisted Living services.
Assisted Living Support
Available to those who require some support with daily living or those with complex care needs requiring 24-hour professional care. These subsidies require assessment through a Case Manager.
To obtain a Case Manager, please call your local Health Authority:
- Interior Health (Kelowna) - 250-980-1400, ask for Central Intake
- Island Health (Victoria) - 250-388-2273
- Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver) - 604-263-7377
Assisted Living Near Me
Browse through the descriptions below and choose the communities which best suits your needs. Give the location of your choice a call or email using the contact information on the location page. We will be happy to give you more information on:
- Assisted living products
- Assisted living questions
- Assisted living regulations
- Assisted living community nearest to you
- Assisted living guidelines BC
- Assisted living vs nursing home
- Assisted living vs retirement home