Long-Term Care Definition
Long-term care vs Assisted Living
We provide you with personalized senior care around the clock. Baptist Housing's Long-Term Care residences are based on long-term care quality indicators to provide senior care for those with advanced care needs who are unable to live independently or in an assisted living community. According to our Long-Term Care Standards, we provide Residents with 24-hour professional nursing care, personalized health care plans, medication supervision and administration. Caregivers work closely with outside medical practitioners such as family physicians, physiotherapists and hospital admissions as required.
Hospitality's Long-Term Care services include housekeeping, laundry, meals and recreational opportunities to help our Residents stay active and maintain the highest possible quality of life.
Long-Term Care Support
Available to those who require some support with daily living or those with complex care needs requiring 24-hour professional care. These subsidies require assessment through a Case Manager.
To obtain a Case Manager, please call your local Health Authority:
- Interior Health (Kelowna) - 250-980-1400, ask for Central Intake
- Island Health (Victoria) - 250-388-2273
- Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver) - 604-263-7377
Long-Term Care Near Me
The majority of our Long-Term Care homes are funded by the local health authority and may require a long-term care application.
- Kelowna - To access long term care eligibility in Kelowna, contact Interior Health.
- Vancouver Island - To access long term care guidelines on Vancouver Island, contact Island Health.
- Vancouver Lower Mainland - To access long term care policies and procedures in South Surrey please contact Fraser Health.
- To access subsidized Long-Term Care in West Vancouver please contact Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Kelowna Private Pay Long-Term Care - Available at Village at Mill Creek. For information, call 250-215-1500.