Baptist Housing in Kelowna is looking for a Clinical Educator to serve our three communities, Sun Pointe Village, Village at Mill Creek and Village at Smith Creek.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Clinical Educator is responsible for leading the education initiatives for all Team Members within Long Term Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living and support areas. Through the fulfillment of our Mission, Vision, and Values, the Clinical Educator enhances Team Member performance through education, coaching, mentoring and guidance. The Clinical Educator establishes and maintains relationships that exemplify Servant Leadership principles with Team Members, Residents, families and external agencies.
Baptist Housing Values
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: Showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs of fellow Team Members, Residents, families, and others.
- Honesty: Exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Respect: Treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: Exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: Recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: Reminding us that we must take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
- Member in good standing or eligible for membership with BCCMN
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing degree preferred
The successful candidate must have a great sense of humour, effective time management skills, strong communication, and a warm personality. Previous experience in an educational/clinical role, preferably in gerontology is considered an asset.
* Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
This is a permanent full time position (37.5 hours per week). Compensation includes a comprehensive benefit package. If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com describing how you are a fit with Baptist Housing.
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment!
Baptist Housing provides Residential Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Affordable Rental, and Adult Day Programs to over 2000 seniors in British Columbia. Our communities are located in Greater Vancouver, Victoria, and the Interior. Baptist Housing is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches Pacific, yet our communities welcome people of all faith traditions. We believe our Christian heritage and faith helps us compassionately meet the needs of those living in our communities.