The Heights at Mt. View | Victoria | Casual
Baptist Housing provides communities and exceptional care to over 2800 seniors in British Columbia. We provide Residential Care, Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Home Support and Adult Day Programs at our residences in Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. We serve through a culture of humility and grace, providing service with an attitude of compassion, respect and integrity. We understand the needs of seniors and love assisting them to live well, modelling our values in all interactions.
The Heights at Mt. View is a 7-storey, 260-suite residence located in Saanich, BC. As a complex care residence, The Heights at Mt. View offers 24/7 Long-Term Care in Victoria. With a design that exceeds operational requirements, this residence is inspired by the individuals who call the community home. This innovative project is part of a regional plan and partnership with the Province of British Columbia, the Vancouver Island Health Authority, the Capital Regional Hospital District and Baptist Housing to replace obsolete long-term care facilities in the Capital Region, and provide more care and housing options for the growing senior population..
The Victoria team is recruiting casual Registered Nurses who are excited about being part of the Clinical Team at our long-term-care Residence, The Heights at Mt. View.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN is responsible for team leadership in the care community and directing the delivery of care to Residents. Duties include complex assessments such as RAI-MDS 2.0, medication administration and review, wound and skin care and other interventions, and leading the development of Care Plans, ensuring an interdisciplinary approach that includes Residents and their family.
As a Nurse leader, the RN exemplifies, and works collaboratively with the team to implement, a person-centered Wellness Model of Care. The RN is a role model for the team in the effort to normalize and enhance the lives of Residents, while involving them in their care and preserving their independence to the greatest possible extent.
- The successful candidate must be eligible for membership in the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Have a great sense of humour, effective time management skills, strong communication, and the ability to work variable shifts.
- A Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Certificate is preferred.
- Consent for a Criminal Record Check (CRC) for working with Vulnerable Adults
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (2Doses) and PHN
As Servant Leaders, we focus on serving others in humility and grace, demonstrating the character and values of:
- Compassion: showing care, love, and sensitivity in consideration of the unique needs to Teammates, Residents, Families, and others.
- Honesty: exemplifying fairness, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Respect: treating people with dignity at all times to elevate personhood and person-directed wellness.
- Innovation: exercising ingenuity in all endeavors and exemplifying creative courage.
- Stewardship: recognizing God’s ownership by using resources wisely to preserve the future viability and longevity of our mission.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively to achieve our mission in a culture of safety, continuous learning and work-life balance.
- Fun: taking our work seriously, but not ourselves!
To apply, please provide a current resume and cover letter telling us about your experience, availability and why you want to work for Baptist Housing. RNs are union positions and compensation, and benefits are outlined by the Provincial BC Nurses Collective Agreement.
To apply, please apply by sending a resume to email@example.com telling us why you want to join the Baptist Housing Team!
Thank you for your interest in working with Baptist Housing. We are eager to build our team with people who share our mission and vision. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we encourage you to apply for our future openings for which you qualify. We wish you every success in your search for meaningful employment.